Tuesday, July 19, 2022

To Mr. Beatty

 Dear Mr. Beatty,

   I want to formally apologize to you, your family, friends and the community as a whole for my part in sharing information about your past with law enforcement. I truly never meant any harm in doing so, but only meant in the spirit of transparency, to provide information for citizens to be informed.  Someone messaged me that what I posted was an attack on your character and while I see now that it should have been obvious, it wasn’t to me, because that was never my intent. 

   You know that I am not racist nor have I ever had any ill will toward you in any way. I have held doors for you and even fixed a plate of food for you during a retreat because it is sometimes hard for you to get around.  Nobody sees these random acts of kindness and that’s okay.  I only wanted to remind you of these, if you didn’t remember, to demonstrate some ways I have been respectful to you. You have always been kind, cordial and respectful to everyone and you were always the only person on Council I looked forward to seeing at meetings during my first term in office. I have never met anyone who didn’t like you - ever. 

  People make mistakes. We are are fallible.  That’s part of what makes us human. I would like to ask for forgiveness for my mistake and to say again that I am truly sorry for any hurt and/or embarrassment I may have caused you, your family, friends and community.   

   Sincerely Yours,

   Melissa Olson
   
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment