Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Week of January 31st - February 4, 2022 in the City of Waxahachie

Hello Friends!
 
    I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather before the cold snap hits later on this week. There are only two city meetings scheduled on the calendar so far for next week.  You can always check on the city's website to see if any more are added after this newsletter goes out.  The link to do so is here: https://www.waxahachie.com/calendar.php  

    I wanted to take a minute first and talk about something that has been weighing on my heart for quite some time now.  I announced back in the beginning of December that I was not going to be running for re-election this May.  I never expected the outpouring of support and requests that I have received to run for re-election.  These requests have come from residents and even city leaders.  Y'all know me well enough by now to know that I'm honest and a straight-shooter.  It was a very hard decision to decide NOT to run in the first place.  I really, really enjoy getting to meet and help residents in Waxahachie.  I love being able to give back to the community that I love so much.  That all being said, I have picked up a candidate packet from the City Secretary's office and am highly considering running for re-election at this time.  I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to choose, but the filing period is coming to a close in a couple of weeks, so I better figure it out pretty quickly.  As has been the case many times before, I would really like any comments or feedback that you might have regarding me running for re-election.  I value what you, the residents, have to say.  Thank you, in advance, for your help!
 
----------------------------------------
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
----------------------------------------
12:00 PM - Civil Service Commission Regular Meeting 
Council Conference Room, City Hall
401 S. Rogers St.

 
3: Public Comments: Persons may address the Civil Service Commission on any issues at this time; however, the Commission may not comment or deliberate such statements during this period, except as authorized by Section 551.042, Texas Government Code.
 
5: Waxahachie Fire Rescue
    A - Action items
        i.- iii.: Consider approval of a written promotional examination to establish an eligibility list for the position of Pump Engineer to be held on Tuesday, 8/23/22; Lieutenant to be held on Wednesday, 8/24/22; and, Captain to be held on Thursday, 8/25/22 and open examination to Lieutenants with less than two years of service as a Lieutenant
 
This is a public meeting and you are welcome to attend in person, but this meeting will not be live-streamed.   
-------------------------------------------
Thursday, February 3, 2022
-------------------------------------------
3:00 PM - Park Board Regular Meeting
Council Conference Room, City Hall
401 S. Rogers St.

 
2: Public Comments: Persons may address the Park Board on any issues at this time; however, the Commission may not comment or deliberate such statements during this period, except as authorized by Section 551.042, Texas Government Code.
 
4: Discuss park events and activities
 
5: Hear update on park projects
 
6: Discuss Lions Park Master Plan
 
7: Discuss lake parks projects
 
This is a public meeting and you are welcome to attend in person, but this meeting will not be live-streamed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for this week!  Stay warm, my friends!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a wonderful week ahead!
 
Your Friendly Councilmember,
 
Melissa Olson, CMO
(text) 817-507-5162
molson@waxahachie.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment