Friday, September 13, 2019

Rough & Toothless


  
Today is rather exciting exciting day in the Olson household! Not only was it Grandparents’ day at Kate’s school, but she lost her first tooth! This is such a wonderful rite of passage signifying that she is, indeed, a big girl. She lost it at school and the nurse gave her a cute tooth holder necklace so she could keep it safe until she reached home! You can see the animated way she tells the story!




I’m sure many an enterprising youth await the financial gains that shall ensue this evening in our very own home. Some even facilitate the visit by going to extreme lengths, ensuring a tooth has been extracted from their mouth. Kate was very upset last  night when the tooth stayed firmly, yet mockingly flimsy in place - But today? Victory!


The Toothfairy... I must say... has been in this racket for years and years! Teeth were only worth about a quarter when I was young (age-related jokes need not be inserted here).  But a first tooth? That IS a special occasion and a treasure by Toothfairy standards. She already has her tooth safely deposited inside the Toothfairy pillow that I made for her older sister many moons ago. After all, traditions must continue! 

So as my older brother used to say to me when I was young... is she tough and ruthless or rough and toothless?  I think she's still my sweet Katy-Bear!







No comments:

Post a Comment