Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Week of March 30th - April 3rd, 2020 in the City of Waxahachie

Hello Neighbors!

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying healthy.  This is a very different newsletter from most because we actually don't have any city meetings posted at this time.  You can always check back on the City's website here: http://www.waxahachie.com/calendar.php to see if any have been added.

While I don't like this whole COVID-19 situation, I would be remiss to not mention something that I have appreciated.  I have appreciated watching the town come together to help each other. I have seen families and kids playing outside and taking walks. I have also really enjoyed the time I've spent with my own family.  Sometimes the family togetherness can be a bit much, but overall, it's been nice to spend more quality time with my husband and kiddos.  We've talked more, had fun together, done crafts together, and more. The positive that I've found through this time is that it has really forced us to slow down and enjoy each other.  I hope that y'all have had a similar experience as well.  I'm upset about many aspects of this whole situation and certainly don't wish anyone ill, but I can't help but feel thankful for the nice times that have resulted.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful week ahead!

Take care,

Melissa Olson
Waxahachie City Council
(text) 817-507-5162
molson@waxahachie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment