Friday, December 13, 2019

Now Hiring: Waxahachie City Council

Just kidding... mostly!  There's no hiring because it's a volunteer position; however, it's that time of year when residents who are registered voters inside the city limits of Waxahachie can get the paperwork in order to be on the ballot for the May 2020 election. 

Let me make it clear that you will go to countless meetings and do it all for zero pay - but I wouldn't trade it for the world!  Being able to represent the residents of Waxahachie has been an incredibly rewarding experience.  I literally get to help people every day.


If you would like to run for Place 1, 2 or 3, in the City of Waxahachie, the City Secretary's office has put together a wonderful packet for all candidates and it lays out the requirements, procedures and important dates for the May 2, 2020 general election.




I have always stood for transparency and helping others learn more about the city, so if you have any questions, you can ask me (or the City Secretary's office) and I'll do my best to answer them - even if we are running against each other.  The most important thing is that we have the best people elected for the City of Waxahachie.

Because you have to get a petition signed by at least 25 registered voters who live in the City, I find that it's good to take care of that as soon as possible since it's near the holidays and all that.  I will be filing for Waxahachie City Council, Place 3.  I wish you the best of luck, if you decide to run!  It's a great way to be involved.

Sincerely,

Melissa Olson




No comments:

Post a Comment